Friday, September 28, 2012

Dreams- Sooner or Later

I dream a lot.  I grew up dreaming and haven't stopped.  As a little kid our view of life is so small.  We wake up every day, go to school, eat food, play, and dream.  Then, we grow up.  And many people stop dreaming.  They suddenly find themselves with a job, in college, lonely, dealing with money, debt, cars, coffee, home, family, and they are consumed by these things and wake up one day and say, "Is this what I dreamed of as a kid?  Is this happiness?." 

It happened to me.  So consumed in life that I forgot to dream.  I realized I wanted the dreams I had as a kid, to come true right now so I could just get on with.  It wasn't a dream, it was a duty, and it wasn't fun like I dreamed it would be.  It sucked in fact. 

But to be young again, to dream of someday and be OK that's it's not here yet.  Eagerly wait in anticipation for it to come, but enjoy the time spent dreaming of how it will look and what it will be like.  That's where the name of this blog comes from: Sooner or Later.  It's inspired by an song (Of course :) by the Amazing Matt Kearney!  Here are the lyrics:


"We're all waiting on a dream that's hard to own, Sooner or later trying to feel the high without the low, you know.
 Sooner or later I swear we're gonna make it, we're gonna make it, Sooner or later, I swear we're gonna make it, we're gonna make it, Milk and honey till we get our fill, I'll keep chasing it I always will, Sooner or later I swear, We'll make it there Sooner than later"


Sooner or Later...I can wait.  I have dreams, oh so many dreams.  But they don't all have to happen right now.  I want to be happy, satisfied, and OK that's it's not all here yet.  I want to dream and dream of forever and never stop.  Sooner or Later, I'll keep chasing it, I always will, sooner or Later, I'll make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment