Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baked Kale!




Here is a yummy, healthy snack idea!  Baked Kale!  It was the best 49 cents I've EVER spent! 


I have been hearing about Kale for a while now and just got around to trying it.  I still want to try it in a salad, and maybe in scrambled eggs and a few other things but I enjoyed it baked!  It reminds me of spinach, not much of a flavor.  But baked, so yummy!


I bought it at our local farmers market grocery store and I got a huge bundle of it for 49 cents.  Then I washed good.  


And tore it into little pieces 



Poured a little olive oil over it



A little salt


Threw it in the oven for about 13 minutes



And....


TA DA!



Baked Kale!  I chose to eat them plain, but I think they would be really good with something, I'm not sure what yet but they need something.  I also baked them a little too long and a few on the edges tasted burnt. 



I'm excited to find new ways to eat this amazing fat fighting, antioxidant, vitamin filled veggie!  

No comments:

Post a Comment