Friday, November 2, 2012

Donuts and Cider

Ever since I was a little girl, my Grandma has served us applesauce with many of our meals at her house.  But this applesauce is SO much better than anything you would buy at a store.  She makes it herself, with fresh, sweet, Michigan grown apples!  The tradition was passed on and my family also makes homemade applesauce!  So quite a few years ago, my family started a tradition of going out to little apple orchards, and buying our apples, and then taking a trip out to Uncle John's cider mill for some yummy, and furthest thing from "good for you" donuts!  

Sadly, we had a really early spring this year, which caused everything to bloom early, but sadly it frosted over again, killing many of the apple crop.  Most places arn't selling apples and the cider is either from last year, or really expensive.  So, our trip this year, was for the donuts!  haha 

I'm so blessed to have a job where I'm able to join my family in events like these.  I brought the boys along with me, and we went with my grandparents for our donuts run!   It was fun to take the boys along and get a little taste of what it's like taking two little busy boys out!  So I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the pictures I was taking, and more on the kids and what they were doing.  We had a blast and I enjoyed getting to take them with me!

Looking at where they usually make the cider




Watching the skeleton "play" piano



I'm really annoyed that I cut his feet off!
It was also pretty dark in there :/


Donuts!



Poor little guy was getting so sleepy!




The sad little trees :(


The little tractor ride we took through the orchard



No comments:

Post a Comment