Saturday, October 13, 2012

On the banks of the red ceder

I'm a sucker for free things.  I just can't say no!  So, when I heard the MSU dairy store was giving away free ice cream, I had to have some.  The dairy store makes awesome ice cream right there on campus!  Yum!  The only catch in this free ice cream, it was downtown campus on the day before homecoming.  Parking is practically impossible, and especially right before a big parade.  So, I drove around and finally found a meter to park at and took a little walk to the rock.  The large rock sits on the red ceder river and is sort of a giant banner anyone can paint on at any time.  It's pretty interesting and funny some things people put on it! Here is a link to read more about it.  The rock on MSU campus.  Sadly, Michigan State had a pretty terrible homecoming game today with nasty rain and cold, and an embarrassing loss in overtime to Iowa...so sad :(   

I love the hustle and bustle of all the students rushing to class, studying with friends, or just chatting and enjoying good conversation.  I could probably just sit and people watch all day!  I just read an article the other day about taking pictures in busy cities so I thought this would be a great time to try it out! So I walked around campus and enjoyed the sights and sounds of East Lansing. 

Also, you can all give me a high five, I edited these pictures :)  All of them!  I watched a video this morning about using windows live photo gallery to edit.  No, it doesn't do very much, but for my first few edits it worked just fine!  I was really nervous at first, I saved copies of them in case I ruined them, and tried not to over do the color.  But I realized, I need to stop trying to make it perfect, and just do it so I like it!  I need to find my own style of editing!  So, here ya go guys!

It was a beautiful, sunny day, with just a little chill in the air.  Perfect for taking photos though!



I can't remember what they called it, but it was green cake batter!  Delicious!





This is the rock with some girls getting their picture taken on it.  haha





I'm holding my ice cream cup, but it's so small it's hard to tell
A personal favorite :)




GO GREEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment