Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Heart

I have been avoiding this post all week for a few reasons:

1.  I knew it would be long and take a while.
2.  I was quite disappointed with how most of them turned out due to bad lighting.
3.  I still haven't edited any pictures (except for 1)  and was hoping I would find time to try this week to edit some of them....but that never happened so you get them raw!


 
My grandparents spend the winter in Florida and it has been a tradition since I can remember, to have thanksgiving in October before they leave.  So, we tell people we celebrate Canadian thanksgiving!  My uncle, aunt, and two cousins weren't able to make the trip from Maryland because of a little one starting school recently, (Shout out!  You Maryland family, were GREATLY missed.  We ate lots of food for you!)  but we were blessed to have the rest of our family in our house.  I think Thanksgiving has to be my favorite holiday because it's one of the few times a year, most of my family all gets together.  And of course, the amazing food, apples, cider, donuts, beautiful colors and the excitement of crisp fall and the winter to come (Yes, snow excites me, don't hate).    



I am so blessed to have incredible cousins! We have all gotten along so well, and even as some of us are now adults, I see us always being amazing friends!!!  I also greatly look forward to getting to know my little cousins more too!  I greatly look forward to every time I get to spend with all of them!  Not to mention, my awesome grandparents, aunts and uncles!  I am blessed beyond measure!  (Just look how many exclamation marks I used :)

Alright, enough mushy, gushy stuff, PICTURES!!  Most of these my ISO was on 400-800 because our house doesn't have the best lighting.  I was also really struggling with keeping my shutter speed fast enough to capture movement.  I probably should have set my ISO higher, so I could use faster shutter speeds.  I'm still trying to figures things out!  Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

I'm going to just do them in order of how they went to make it easier.  Here we go, yo:









Showing off the hedgehog!



 Here are a few favorites :)








Someone is hungry! 

I would love this one if it wasn't out of focus :(













I got some great eating shots, check out my dad in the bottom left :)

Yum!

Kids table ;)



After dinner clean up and left overs






After dinner stories and talking

These ones came out better because I used my mini tripod





This is how the boys hang out :)






Then, Dessert and coffee! 












 Happy Thanksgiving y''all!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your mom is so cute! And the eating photo of your dad is HILARIOUS!!!! Great documentary of the special holiday :)

    ReplyDelete